Monday, February 28, 2011

The Haircuts





On Saturday afternoon Kate decided to give herself a haircut and then she proceeded to give Whitney a little trim too. I'm not sure if she overheard me talking that it was time to go get her and Whitney's hair cut and she thought why not do it myself. Anyways, she had a piece of paper and the kid scissors in the play room, and it was amazingly quiet. When they ran to Kate's room I proceeded to follow, and that's when I saw the damage. Well, Kate proceeded to get an earful as we went to the bathroom and brushed out all of the hair she had cut. It was overwhelming how much hair brushed out. Then Trevor noticed Whitney's hair was cut too. Really! Well, after Kate had a time out we made appointments to get their hair touched up. Whitney needed her bangs cut anyways, but I would have preferred to keep as much length as possible. She definitely needs wear pink and bows for a while. As the stylist touched up Kate's hair she left the back pretty long, but it was looking too much like a mullet to me. Yikes! She definitely saw my concern and shortened the back up.

I really was pretty upset by the whole ordeal. I guess as a mother you take pride in how your kids look. That's why I by them cute dresses afterall. However, the other day I was telling Kate she didn't need to wear a dress to be pretty. It's what's inside that matters, and that she was beautifully and wonderfully made by God. So why did their hair matter so much to me. Well, I guess I need to believe what I say. On Sunday when I saw their smiling faces I saw them as the beautiful girls God created them to be. I love my girls!

Another little funny about the whole thing happened at church. When Trevor dropped Kate off at Sunday School the teacher noticed her haircut. Trevor told her about what had happened and she said every kid does it at sometime. When Trevor went to pick Kate up though, the teacher said that she had tried to talk to Kate a little bit about it and Kate promptly said "I already said I am Sorry."

No comments:

Post a Comment