Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring Break Disney World - Day #1

On Monday we went to Epcot.  Since my favorite ride at Disney World is Soarin', we went there first.  We were all able to ride it this time, which was great!  Then Trevor went to check out the new Fastpass system and get our allotted three per person for the day.  While he was doing that, the girls and I hit the Character Spot for photos with Mickey, Goofy, and Minnie.  Whitney really wasn't sure about Goofy the first time, but after seeing him a few more times she warmed up nicely.  When we walked out of the Character Spot we hopped in line for Chip N Dale, and Daddy even caught up to us there.  Then it was on to The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Turtle Talk with Crush.  At that point we decided to go check out the line to meet Elsa and Anna.  It was only a 2-3 hr wait.  We felt like it was something we had to do, so we ate lunch in line and then Trevor and I switched off taking the girls on rides while we waited.  He took Kate and Whitney on Maelstrom in Norway and I took them on the Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico.  Then Trevor and Kate were off the Test Track and use a Fastpass, and when they got back Whitney and I booked it across the park to Soarin' to use our Fastpass.  It was finally our turn to see Elsa and Anna.  Yeah!  We spent a little more time in the World Showcase, but decided to take the ferry back to the US (as Kate put it).  Then we went to Captain EO, which I was unimpressed with but at least I was sitting down.  Next was a special Character meeting we got to do since we have a Disney credit card.  It ended up being Mickey and Goofy.  However, we got a free 5x7 print out of the meeting too.  While Whitney and I got our picture processed, Trevor and Kate went on Spaceship Earth.  Last was seeing Pluto as we left.  The girls thought it was great that he put their autograph books on his nose to sign them.  It was nice to go back to our place for dinner and a little swimming.












No comments:

Post a Comment