Sunday, September 11, 2011

Game On, And So It Begins!











We decided to put Kate in soccer for the first time this year. She is playing on a team with one of her friends from church, Tyler. We really had no idea what to expect. I think we were hopeful that she would like it and actually participate, but really the times we tried to get her to play with us in the backyard were very short lived. Trevor took her to practice on Tuesday night by himself since I was working. I couldn't wait to her how it went, and much to my amazement he said "Well, I think we have a soccer player on our hands." I guess when they were scrimmaging she would just always be chasing after the ball, and was pretty determined to get the ball in the goal. He did go on to tell me that she also made 4 girls cry. Oh No! Well, since she is a bit (or a lot) bigger than everyone else, if there is a collision she is going to be the one left standing. Thankfully she wasn't being mean or anything. I have to tell you that when I heard this at work I was so excited. I kind of had an Ah Ha mom moment of wow this is what it is like to be so proud and excited for your kids. I just can't wait to funnel my sports energy to my kids. However, I think I will be able to back off if need be. The name of Kate's team is Wonder Women. In a few weeks they are going to get Ws put on their shirts, which makes me kind of reminisce to my nickname of Watson playing sports. Their colors are red and blue, KU colors. Woot! Woot! Their first game went well, and Kate was even able to score two goals. I was just amazed at how focused she stayed and that she would always keep chasing after the ball. As you can see in one of the pictures, she is crying. The other team had just scored and she wasn't able to get there in time to prevent it. I think between that and being exhausted, she just lost it. It didn't take too long to settle her down, and get her back out there. It ended up being a great first game, and we are looking forward to the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment