Saturday, April 17, 2010

Learning to Spit.



Kate recently went to the dentist for a check-up. Unfortunately, she is still not a fan of letting the Dentist look in her mouth. She does great with her Pediatrician but struggles at the Dentist. At this visit he said that she could start using toothpaste with flouride in it, but that she needed to try to spit it out and not swallow it. She had been using water to brush her teeth previously. After our check-up we got some donuts (which was the bribe to help her do better at the dentist that didn't work), and then we went to get some toothpaste. When we got home she wanted to try out her new Dora toothpaste right away. Therefore, she needed to learn to spit too. I delegated this task to Daddy. They went into the bathroom and did their thing. When I was watching her brush her teeth later I was impressed with her spitting abilities. However, I had to laugh when she proceeded to stick her head in the sink to drink the water too. I wonder who taught her that?

No comments:

Post a Comment