Friday, February 12, 2010

Laundry Basket Sledding Anyone?













Yesterday we had a record breaking snow in DFW. The official report at the airport was 11.2 inches, but we are definitely over that at our house. Trevor and I can't remember ever seeing this much snow in one day in Kansas. Crazy! We woke up to a couple of inches on the ground in the morning, so after breakfast the girls and I bundled up and set out for the backyard. Since snow is relatively rare down here, I feel pressed to get out quickly to play in it before it's gone. However, this time it's definitely going to last more than a day.

As Kate and I looked out the window at the snow she told me that she was going to make a snow girl, aka snow angel. Kate and Whitney left their footy pajamas on and we just layered on the clothes. I love seeing them all bundled up. When we finally made it outside we got to work making a snowman. The snow was perfect for packing. We got our snowman up and used a carrot for the nose and raisins for the eyes and mouth. Unfortunately, Whitney needed to go back inside, so our snow time was over. We needed Daddy home to help out and join in the fun so we waited and we waited for him to make it home. Then back out we went to play in the front yard. As we waited we had time to think about how to make a better snowman. I think he turned out pretty good. Golf clubs for arms, homemade felt scarf, Cowboy hate, and pumpkin decorations for a face. Kate and I had a little snowball fight, and she actually thought it was pretty funny. She also had a good time eating the snow. We wrapped up our snow fun with Laundry Basket Sledding. Our steep drive does have some advantages. We really didn't go that fast, but that was probably better for a three year old. I love the Snow!

3 comments:

  1. We've had fun in the snow too. We'll have to try that laundry basket idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Jessica and her famous laundry basket! I LOVE the many uses of the laundry basket - can you just make me a list so I can use my basket for as many things as you do? LOVE the pictures - especially the last one of Whitney. It reminds me very much of Randy in A Christmas Story - "I can't move my arms!" Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. At first I was thinking no way was that Texas. Been one crazy winter everywhere I think.

    ReplyDelete